- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- All hardware provided, including magnetic drain plug
This PML cover fits the GM 9½" ring gear, 14 bolt rear differential. PML makes three different covers for the many GMC and Chevrolet trucks, vans and SUVs with this differential.
PML designed this cover specifically for vehicles needing clearance for pan hard and sway bars and still want the benefits of an aftermarket heavy duty cover. For example:
- Hummer H2, 2003 to 2009
- Trailblazer SS, 2006 to 2009
- SSR 6 speed, 2005 to 2006
- Some Cadillac SUVs
Vehicle configurations vary so always check your configuration and clearance before ordering.
Other vehicles can use this cover but may need different threads on the bolts. All the Hummer H2, Trailblazer SS, and SSR vehicles we have seen use M8–1.25x21mm stock bolts. Contact us if you have a vehicle other than listed above.
Volume: 0.5 quart over stock
Drain is on the bottom of the cover, fill hole on the side. There is a boss below the fill hole that can be drilled and tapped for a temperature sending unit. Optional machining avaialble in shopping cart.
Inside and out, cover follows the same general profile curve as the stock cover.
PML includes new mounting bolts, a fill plug and a magnetic drain plug with each cover.